Have a blog series or two on your site already? You’re in luck! You already have a great content upgrade you can offer. If you don’t already have on, then develop an outline for a blog series and get started! This idea works with new or existing content and is a simple way to create more opt-in offers. Starting Fresh?
- Write the whole series in one document just as if you were writing an eBook. Make the layout attractive and more meaningful by adding images, graphics, charts, infographics for stats and more. Turn it into a PDF to add as a content upgrade to each individual blog post in the series.
- Create a landing page or signup form. YOu can use your autoresponder service, a regular page on your website, or upgrade to using software like leadpages.net. Whatever you use, be sure to configure the integration with your email autoresponders software so that people are added to your list automatically when they download the freebie. In addition, you will use the landing page URL later.
- When you reach this step, open the Word version and cut and paste the blogs into your scheduling system. Then attach the content upgrade by linking to the URL of the landing page. Be sure to call it out or draw attention to it so that the readers will notice it.
Starting with Existing (Old) Content?
- Already have blog series or posts that can work as a series? Combine them together to create an attractive PDF. You can use a plugin for WordPress to help you create it automatically, or you can just cut and paste everything into a Word or Docs document first, make it look attractive, then export it as a PDF. Be sure that the pdf includes all the branding for your website.
- You’ll need to create a landing page for your opt-in in this situation as well. A landing page makes it easier to ensure that all the technology that you use works together. Again, be certain to ensure that the lead magnet it’s connected to your autoresponder system.
- Then, add the URL to any relevant content as an upgrade, again, ensuring that you highlight it in some way so that it’s noticeable to your prospects and customers. This is an excellent way of reusing any content that you’ve created already. It works best if you can choose the most popular content or series you’ve created.
Keep Things Simple The great thing about creating in content upgrades to help build your list is that it works. It’s not difficult, you don’t have to create anything new if you don’t want to. You can use content you already have, or you can create something new if you want (but you don’t have to). Don’t make creating content upgrades harder than it has to be. It only needs to be useful to your audience, relevant to what they’re consuming right now, and quick to read, understand, and put into use.